Due to advances in technology and communication, our client found increasingly difficult to ensure that information is provided in such a way that its integrity is ensured.
In an information-sharing environment, awareness of information security is paramount. Not all information is public. Some information, particularly information that is sensitive or confidential in nature, must be kept private.
Rolendo Business Solution
We identified information security requirements and risks, made the decision for the treatment of risks, and then selected appropriate onsite security controls and implemented them to ensure that their risks are are reduced to an acceptable level, and that these are subject to relevant national and international legislation and regulations.
Controls that were considered essential were :
- Human resources security
- Communications and operations management
- Access control
- Information security incident management
- Business continuity management
Institutionalizing Information Security Management System ISO 27001 has been very beneficial to the organization for the following reasons:
- Their customer can feel confident of their commitment of keeping their information safe
- Set them apart from their competitors and in the market place
- Reduced the risk of cost of single or several security breaches
- Enlightened them with a better knowledge of information systems, their weaknesses and how to protect them
- Improved employee awareness of security issues and their responsibilities within their organisation.